Equipment Operator Position
Closing: September 26, 2017
Anticipated Start Date: October 10, 2017
Reporting to the Roads Superintendent, the incumbent will be responsible for performing maintenance on Township infrastructure and the operation of assigned equipment (i.e. roads, properties, yards and equipment).
- Class DZ Ontario Drivers Licence (note: will be required to provide abstract and provide on-going confirmation of appropriate licence)
- The ability to operate various township owned equipment
- General knowledge of municipal maintenance and construction techniques
- Ability to respond to emergencies in a timely manner
- Available to work evenings and weekends
- Education requirement is O.S.S.D or G.E.D
- The ability to read, write and perform arithmetic sufficient to complete time sheets, forms and work orders
- Direct or related experience in performing winter maintenance of a road system including sidewalks and parking lots by operating municipal equipment
- Direct or related experience in performing maintenance of the roadside and other township owned property including signage, litter pick-up, tree planting, trimming, removal and grass cutting
Part Time Canteen Attendant (Cardinal/Spencerville Rink)
Description: The Canteen Attendant’s main job will be to clean, prep, cook and serve all canteen items. The Attendant will be in charge of restocking new supplies and displaying them in a customer friendly manner. The Attendant will be constantly interacting with customers and be dealing with cash transactions.
Require: Skills/Certifications First Aid and CPR is an asset
Qualities: flexible schedule, dependable, trustworthy, friendly
Please submit your resume and cover letter Mike Spencer by August 11th at 4pm:
Manager of Parks/Recreation & Facilities
Township of Edwardsburgh/Cardinal
18 Centre Street, P.O. Box 129
Spencerville, ON KOE IXO
Volunteer Fire Fighters
Applications can also be obtained at the Township Office, Spencerville firehall or Cardinal firehall.
The Township of Edwardsburgh Cardinal is an equal opportunity employer following all rules and regulation set out by the Human Rights Code and the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation. Accommodations for persons with disabilities where needed will be made available.