The Municipal Clerk’s Office is responsible for performing the following duties under the Ontario Municipal Act:
- Elections Officer accountable for the preparation and overall conduct of the municipal elections;
- Organization, preparation and distribution of Council / Committee meeting agendas and minutes;
- Providing public notice of Council / Committee meetings and other matters of public interest and ensuring compliance with statutory requirements and municipal policy;
- Municipal Freedom of Information Privacy Officer providing public access to Town records and information and protecting personal privacy in accordance within the statutory requirements of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act;
- Licensing Officer responsible for the issuance of all lottery, some businesses and ensuring compliance with statutory and municipal regulations;
- Liaison with all orders of government, local boards/commissions, public and community groups/associations;
If you’re an eligible charitable or religious organization, you may be able to raise funds through lottery events. Municipalities and the AGCO are responsible for issuing lottery licenses to eligible charitable and religious organizations. Please allow 3-5 business days to process the applications and issue the license.
Commissioner of Oaths
The Clerk and Deputy Clerk commission affidavits and declarations. The document must be fully completed. Do not sign the document. Please call the Township Office to ensure that someone is available to commission before coming in. There is currently no charge for this service.
Marriage Licenses, Weddings & Civil Ceremonies
Marriage licenses are issued at the Municipal Office during regular office hours. Appointments are required. The fee for a marriage license is $100.00. Applicants must complete the application form and bring the necessary identification. Please note that a marriage license is valid for use anywhere in Ontario for three (3) months from the date of issue.
For your convenience, the Municipal Clerk and Deputy Clerk can perform civil marriage ceremonies at the Township Hall or other locations within the Province of Ontario. Services may be performed during or after regular business hours.
Fees for a civil marriage service:
Ceremony – $250.00
Rehearsal Fee – $50.00
Mileage – $.465/km
For further information and availability on all of the above matters, please contact Deputy Clerk, Rebecca Williams at 613-658-3055 X105 or firstname.lastname@example.org