Spring 2017 Leaf & Brush Collection
April 18, 2017
The Township will be collecting brush and leaves in the built up areas of Spencerville, Cardinal, Johnstown and New Wexford where conditional burning is not permitted.
Brush and leaves will be accepted at the Scott Road Transfer Station for FREE during the month of May. The Transfer Station is open Saturdays 8am-12pm.
Tuesday May 2nd & May 23rd, 2017 – Cardinal
Thursday May 4th & May 25th, 2017 – Spencerville, Johnstown & New Wexford
Brush/Leaves will be collected at the curbside on the days specified above (subject to weather conditions). Brush/Leaves will only be picked up under the following conditions:
- Must be placed at curbside by 7:30 a.m. the morning of advertised pick up day. Bags must be kept dry and should not be placed out prior to 48 hours from pick up date
- Branches are not to exceed 1.2 meters (4 feet)
- Trees and shrubs shall not have root base-no root base collection
- Tree limb and trunks calipers not to exceed 75 mm (3 inches) in diameter
- Bundles shall be secured for collection and not to exceed 18 kg (40 lbs) and a diameter of 450mm (18in) per bundle; up to 12 bundles
- Curbside collection is for leaves, limbs and branches only – no construction or other materials accepted
- Leaves are packaged in clear, non township plastic bags or paper composting bags and include no garbage etc., (max 12 bags)
For more info, contact Bruce Hayter, Road Superintendent 613-657-4606.
Categorized in: Uncategorized