2018 Committee Appointments
October 31, 2018
Council is looking for some assistance!
Committees are being set up at the Township, and we know you’d like to help. Specific terms of reference will be developed over the next few weeks, but a general description is provided below. Committees generally meet monthly, but some meet only as needed. Meetings are usually held in Council Chambers in Spencerville.
Please send us a letter, by mail, fax, or email, by November 26, 2018 to let us know which committee you would be interested in and your experience that could assist the committee. People who are currently serving on committees are invited to re-submit their interest.
- Administration and Finance – treasury, human resources, policy development
- Public Works/Environmental Services and Facilities – roads, bridges, waste management, water & sewer services and facility management
- Community Development Committee – planning, economic development, beautification, recreation
- Port of Johnstown Management Committee – Port business including, month statistical review, grain inventory, lease and land use agreements, economic development of Port land
- Public Library Board – library governance for two branches, one in Spencerville and one in Cardinal
As Needed –
- Committee of Adjustment – minor variances to the zoning by-law
- Fenceviewers – resolution of disputes of fence maintenance and construction
- Cemetery Boards – management of Shanly, Adams, Mainsville and North Channel Cemeteries
- Livestock Valuer – compensation for livestock loss from wildlife
- Rideau St. Lawrence Board of Directors – representative of the Township on the local utility in Prescott
- Spencerville Arena Wall of Honour – determination of inductees
- South Nation Conservation – environmental matters relating to the South Nation River watershed (Meetings in Finch)
- Town Crier – promote events and provide public announcements
- Business Showcase & Expo Committee – annual showcase planning
Mail: 18 Centre St. Po Box 129 Spencerville, ON K0E1X0
Categorized in: Uncategorized