Chief Building Official
Our Chief Building Official is Kevin Lalonde. Kevin conducts site inspections and issues building permits for the Township. When he’s not on site, Kevin is available to answer questions about building permits and the application process from Monday-Friday, 8:30-4:30.
Site inspections can be scheduled by contacting Kevin at 613-658-3055 x102 or by email at email@example.com. Please call or email in advance to schedule site inspections. Applications for permits can be mailed or dropped off at the Township Office:
PO Box 129, 18 Centre Street
Spencerville, ON K0E 1X0
Community Development Coordinator:
Wendy Van Keulen is our Community Development Coordinator. She deals with zoning and planning matters including severances, rezoning, minor variances and more. She is generally available at the Township Office Monday-Friday 8:30-4:30. Please call the office at 613-658-3055 x101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
As an optional (and suggested) first step in the development or planning process, building and planning staff offer the opportunity to meet with you to discuss your proposal prior to submitting designated planning fees. The purpose is to discuss your proposal, identify appropriate approval process(es) as well as to discuss potential areas of concern.
To request a meeting, please contact the Chief Building Official or the Community Development Coordinator by phone or email.
Applications and Fees
For additional Building information, please contact the Chief Building Official at 613-658-3055 x102 or by email at email@example.com.
- Planning Fees Schedule
- Zoning By-law Amendment Application
- Official Plan Amendment Application
- Severance Application Form– Please note that the United Counties of Leeds and Grenville is the finial consent granting authority, however the Township Council is consulted. We advise that Severance applicants pre-consult with Township planning staff as well as with Counties staff for a full understanding of the process and applicable fees.- United Counties of Leeds and Grenville 613-342-3840. Fees Schedule (Updated January 2019)
- Site Plan Control Agreement Application
- Minor Variance Application
- Plans of Subdivision or Condominium – Please note that the United Counties of Leeds and Grenville is the approval authority for all plans of subdivision, however the Township Council is consulted. We advise that if you are interested in obtaining a plan of subdivision you pre-consult with Township planning staff as well as with Counties staff for a full understanding of the process and applicable fees. United Counties of Leeds and Grenville 613-342-3840.
For additional planning information, please call the office at 613-658-3055 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Below are links to the Plan and its associated schedules.
- Official Plan (text only)
- Schedule A1 (Land Use & Transportation)
- Schedule A2 (Johnstown)
- Schedule A3 (Spencerville)
- Schedule A4 (Cardinal)
- Schedule B (Development Constraints)
Comprehensive Zoning By-law
Comprehensive Zoning By-law 2012-35 was adopted by Council on June 25, 2012 and is in full force and effect.
- Zoning By-Law (Text only)
- Main Street Commercial Zoning Text
- Hobby Farms Zoning By-Law Amendment Regulations
- Schedule A (Township)
- Schedule B(Cardinal)
- Schedule C (Spencerville)
- Schedule D (Riverfront)
On April 11, 2016, the Counties were advised by Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing (MMAH) that the Counties Official Plan came into full force and effect on March 15, 2016, save and except for those portions that were appealed to the Ontario Municipal Board. As a result, the Counties are now the approval authority for all municipal Official Plans and municipal official plan amendments. The Counties will also be processing any amendments to the Counties Official Plan with MMAH as the approval authority for those amendments. For more information on the Counties Official Plan, please visit the Official Plan click here.