Scott Road Transfer Station-1225 Scott Rd, Cardinal
Hours of Operation: Saturdays 8:00 AM- 12:00 pm (weather permitting ie severe winter storm or Township emergency)
The Municipality owns and operates a transfer site to allow disposal of large items that cannot be placed at curbside. Municipal Council has passed By-Law 2011-07 amended by By-Law 2014-37 which governs waste disposal at the landfill and includes information on prohibited waste materials as well as a complete fee schedule. Tipping fees apply as follows:
** CONSTRUCTION WASTE IS NOT ACCEPTED AT THE SCOTT RD TRANSFER STATION***
Residential waste that cannot be accommodated in the weekly garbage bag collection:
- Will be charged at $1.00 per cubic foot
- Tires – FREE
- Tires with rim – $15.00/each
- White goods and specified metal washers, dryers, furnace oil tanks (empty), stoves, refrigerators, hot water tanks, freezers – $10.00 each or FREE @ BONEYARD
- Large items such as chesterfields, chairs, mattresses,box springs, furniture (tables, cabinets), etc.- $10.00 each
- Brush, leaves, and garden waste – $5.00/load
- Scrap metal deposited in the transfer area of the site- $10.00/load of FREE @ BONEYARD
- Electronics – $10.00 each or FREE @ BONEYARD
Pre-Paid cards are the only form of payment accepted on-site at the transfer station. Cards can be purchased online or in person at Burchell’s Home Hardware in Cardinal.
Please call the Township office for further details.
The Township has entered into an agreement with an alternate waste disposal facility. The BoneYard is now the preferred drop off location for the following items:
- scrap metal
- white goods
Items are accepted free of charge. No household waste permitted. Location: 2085 Wynands Road, Cardinal Hours of Operation: Mon-Fri 9-5, Sat 9-12 Contact number: 613-657-4857
Hazardous waste includes such items as paint cans, aerosol cans, batteries, motor oil, transmission fluid or brake fluid bottles, pesticides, herbicides and flammable or corrosive bottles. These are not recyclable and the landfill site is not licensed to accept hazardous waste. The United Counties of Leeds and Grenville hosts a household hazardous waste day annually. Detail are posted here once the dates are set.