The water/sewer services provided by the Township are overseen by the Environmental Services department. The department is responsible for the following:
- The Cardinal Water Treatment Plant
- The Cardinal Wastewater Treatment Facility
- The Spencerville Lagoon stabilization ponds
- The Edwardsburgh Water Distribution System (to New Wexford and the Industrial Park)
- The Windmill Point low lift pumping station, which supplies raw water to the GreenField Ethanol plant
- The Cardinal Water Distribution System
- The Spencerville Wastewater Collection System
- The Cardinal Wastewater Collection System
- Seven Sewage Pumping Stations (three in Spencerville and four in Cardinal)
- Five Small Water Systems under Ontario Regulation 319/08
If you own a private well, you know it is important to sample your water regularly. You can pick up free water sample kits at the Township Office at 18 Centre Street, during regular business hours.
We now have a courier collect samples from the office and take them to a lab to be analyzed, which means you no longer have to deliver your samples to the Brockville Health Unit office.
Samples can be dropped off:
In order for your sample to be viable, do not collect the water earlier than Tuesday morning, following the Health Unit’s instructions provided with your sample kit.
View the Financial Plan for the Water Systems.
Quality Management System
Policy Statement: Edwardsburgh/Cardinal Environmental Services, on behalf of the Township of Edwardsburgh/Cardinal, is an organization that takes pride and care in the duties it performs and to this end is committed to supplying clear, safe, reliable and consistent drinking water supply while maintaining strict adherence to all regulatory requirements. We strive to accomplish these goals through the implementation, maintenance and continual improvement of the QMS including policies, procedures, communication, due diligence, and appropriate contingency/emergency response all within a safe work environment.
- 2015 Annual Water Report- Edwardsburgh Industrial Park
- 2015 Annual Water Report- Cardinal Water System
- 2014 Edwardsburgh Distribution System Summary Report
- 2014 Cardinal WTP Report
- Edwardsburgh Distribution System Annual Report 2014
- Cardinal Water System Annual Report 2014
- 2014 Prescott Water System Summary Report
- 2014 Prescott Water System Annual Report
The Township has adopted By-law 2004-47 to regulate connections to the Edwardsburgh Cardinal waterworks system and to regulate water use.
For any questions regarding the Environmental Services Department, please contact Eric Wemerman, Chief Water Sewer Operator at email@example.com or 613-657-3765.