The Township is reviewing its Official Plan; a document used to manage growth and determine how land in the community should be used. An official plan deals mainly with issues such as:
- where new housing, industry, offices and shops will be located;
- what services like roads, watermains, sewer or parks will be needed;
- when, and in what order, parts of your community will grow;
- how to preserve and enhance cultural, historical and recreational services and amenities; and
- outline community improvement initiatives.
The current Official Plan can be found here:
Current Official Plan (text only)
We want to hear about your thoughts for the future development of the Township. Make sure to attend meetings and submit your comments to ensure your voice is heard. Click here to download a comment sheet. All comments need to be submitted to Wendy Van Keulen, Community Development Coordinator in a timely fashion. Comments can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by mail or in person to PO Box 129, 18 Centre St, Spencerville ON K0E1X0.
It is a requirement of the Planning Act that all municipalities review their Official Plan every five years to ensure compliance and conformity with provincial policy, and matters of provincial interest (Section 26. of the Planning Act). With the last OP review being undertake in 2010, it is now time for the Township to begin reviewing the Official Plan. This process will include many opportunities for public input into the desired future for the Township.
- A Public Meeting will be held on Thursday, September 5th, at 6:30pm. Please join us for a presentation of the latest draft and an opportunity to ask questions and provide feedback. Notice of Public Meeting
A copy of the latest draft for review can be found here:
For more information on the Official Plan Review, contact:
Wendy Van Keulen
Community Development Coordinator
613-658-3055 x 101