We incorporate Lifesaving Society Water Smart education into all swimming levels, which help participants make smart decisions when in, on, and around water and ice.
For parents and children up to 3 years of age:
Structured in-water interaction between parent and child, stressing the importance of play in developing water-positive attitudes and skills.
- Parent & Tot 1 – designed for the 4 to 12 month old to learn to enjoy the water with the parent
- Parent & Tot 2 – designed for the 12 to 24 month old to learn to enjoy water with the parent
- Parent & Tot 3– designed for the 2 to 3 year old to learn to enjoy water with the parent
For children 3-5 years of age, who are comfortable in water:
Designed to develop an appreciation and healthy respect for the water before these kids get in too deep
- Preschool A
- Preschool B
- Preschool C
- Preschool D
- Preschool E
For children 5 years and older, who are proficient in water:
The six level program ensures that your child learns to swim before they get in too deep. We stress lots of in-water practice to develop solid swimming strokes and skills.
- Swimmer 1
- Swimmer 2
- Swimmer 3
- Swimmer 4
- Swimmer 5
- Swimmer 6
The Junior Lifeguard Club, Canadian Swim Patrol, and 3 Bronze medal awards are designed for swimmers between the ages of 9 and 15 years of age.
- Rookie Patrol
- Ranger Patrol
- Star Patrol
- Junior Lifeguard Club
- Bronze Star (prerequisites required – minimum age of 12 years)
- Bronze Medallion (prerequisites required – minimum age of 13 years, or hold Bronze Star certification)
- Bronze Cross (prerequisites required – Bronze Medallion (need not be current) and Emergency First Aid with CPR C).
- Fitness Swimmer – for people of any age who want to improve their overall physical fitness and stroke proficiency
- Adult swimmer – for people over 16 years of age. Set your own goals, work with a certified instructor to improve your current swimming ability and water fitness. You won’t be going to the Olympics, but you’ll develop water confidence and smooth recognizable strokes good enough for lane swimming and fit enough for the beach!