TWPEC Opens Cooling Centre at Ingredion Centre
July 8, 2020
Due to high temperatures and humidex levels Environment Canada has issued a heat warning. The Health Unit warns that a combination of heat and high humidity can be hazardous to your health. Conditions during high heat and humidity have the potential to cause dehydration, heat exhaustion, heat stroke and in some cases death.
The Township of Edwardsburgh Cardinal has opened a Cooling Centre at the Ingredion Centre, 4050 Dishaw St., Cardinal.
The Cooling Centre will be open starting Wednesday, July 8th through to Sunday, July 12th, from 8am – 8pm. Free Wi-fi is available. Please note the following health and safety precautions in place:
- A maximum of 20 people are allowed at one time for 90 minute intervals.
- A Contact Tracing Form must be signed and submitted upon entry. The form will indicate that you are not currently experiencing symptoms of covid-19 and will be kept on file for 6 months to aid the Health Unit in contact tracing if necessary.
- Practice physical distancing. Guests are asked to maintain a 6′ distance from anyone outside of their household. You may bring your own chair, or we can provide one for you.
- Practice proper hand hygiene. Please use hand sanitizer provided upon entry. Cover your coughs and sneezes.
- Mask wearing will be mandatory.
- Please bring your own cup or bottle. Water will be available on site.
During a heat warning, the Health Unit strongly encourages the public to check on a neighbour or a friend who may have a greater risk of suffering negative health consequences from the heat and humidity. Those persons include; elderly; people with chronic illness or who take certain medications; infants and preschool children; and people who participate in physical activity or are involved in strenuous outdoor work for prolonged period. Read more…
If you have any questions regarding the Cooling Centre, please contact Mike Spencer at (613)349-9491.
Categorized in: General News