Brush & leaves will be collected at curbside (subject to weather conditions) in the built up areas of Cardinal, Spencerville, Johnstown & New Wexford where conditional burning is not permitted on the following dates:
Cardinal: Tuesday, May 7th &
May 21st, 2019 May 22nd, 2019
Curbside collection of brush & leaves in Cardinal has been rescheduled to Wednesday, May 22, 2019.
Spencerville, Johnstown & New Wexford: Thursday, May 9th & 23rd
Brush & leaves will be accepted at the Scott Road Transfer Station at no charge in the month of May.
Brush & Leaves will be only be collected under the following conditions:
- Must be placed at curbside by 7:30am the morning of the advertised pickup day. Bags must be kept dry and should not be placed out more than 48hrs prior to pick up day.
- Branches are not to exceed 1.2m (4ft).
- No root base collection. Trees and shrubs should not have a root base.
- Tree limb and trunk calipers should not exceed 3inches in diameter.
- Bundles should be secured for collection and are not to exceed 18kg (40lbs) and a diameter of 18 inches per bundle; up to 12 bundles.
- Curbside collection is for leaves, limbs and branches only – no construction or other materials accepted.
- Leaves are packaged in clear, non-township plastic bags or paper composting bags and include no garbage etc. (Max 12 bags).
For More information, contact Jim Guest, Roads Superintendent (613) 657-4606
Regular Waste Collection
All areas of the municipality are serviced with weekly curbside garbage and recycling collection. The Township’s contractor, Waste Services Inc., collects household waste each week and recycling on an alternating week schedule (see below). Please note the following:
- All garbage must be in Township bags
- Maximum weight is 40 lbs. per bag
- Maximum 5 bags per week
- All bags must be securely closed
|Regular Collection Days|
|Monday||areas north of Glen Smail Road and west of County Road 44, including Spencerville|
|Tuesday||areas north of Pittston Road and east of County Road 44, including Ventnor and Shanly|
|Wednesday||areas north of Highway 401 and south of Glen Smail and Pittston Road, including Crystal Rock and Brouseville|
|Thursday||the Village of Cardinal|
|Friday||areas south of the 401, except for Cardinal|
A full recycling program, including curbside pickup, is available at no charge to residents. Recyclable products are divided into two types – “green” box and “blue” box. Recyclables are collected on alternating weeks between “green” and “blue“.
- “Green” box recyclables include paper products such as newspapers and flyers (glossy or plain), fine paper such as writing paper and computer paper, magazines and telephone directories, corrugated cardboard and boxboard. Boxes should be flattened and placed in the recycle bin. Large boxes may be flattened and placed under the bin and should be no bigger than 26″x 30″. Not recyclable are hardcover books, coated cardboard or waxed food wrap.
- “Blue” box recyclables are cans, bottles, and plastics. Items must be empty and rinsed clean and can include glass bottles and jars, metal food and beverage cans, aluminum pie plates and foil, rigid foil containers and trays, and plastic containers marked on the bottom with the recycling symbol and numbers 1,2,3,4,5, or 6. Other accepted items include clean empty paint cans with no lids, aerosol cans, margarine and yogurt tubs. Not recyclable are ceramics, pottery, window glass, frozen juice cans, mirrors, light bulbs, Pyrex, drinking glasses, metal pots, Styrofoam, foil with paper or plastic lamination, milk or other plastic bags.
Recyclables do not need to be placed in green or blue bins. The contractor will pick items up from recycling bins, plastic totes and other similar containers. Residents may use a CLEAR bag no larger than 30×34″ for recycling, so long as the contents are correct.
Household trash must be bagged in special clear Township garbage bags. These bags cost $25.00 for a package of ten bags. There are several locations from which to purchase bags:
Please note that effective May 21st, 2019, the price for a package of 10 garbage bags has increased to $25.00
- Burchell’s Home Hardware
- Dollar Bazar
- Mac’s Convenience
- Madmacs Furniture
- Bayview Convenience
- Municipal office
- Drummond’s Fuels
- Spencerville Home Hardware
- Village Pantry
- Your Family Dollar (Churchill & Edward)
Hazardous waste includes such items as batteries, motor oil, transmission fluid or brake fluid bottles, pesticides, herbicides and flammable or corrosive bottles. These are not recyclable and the landfill site is not licensed to accept hazardous waste. The United Counties of Leeds and Grenville hosts a household hazardous waste day annually. The details are published in local papers and information may be available from the Township office just prior to disposal day, which is generally held on the third Saturday of August and the last Saturday in September.
Saturday, July 13, 2019
Lombardy Fair Grounds
6 Kelly Road, Lombardy
8:30 am – 2:00 pm
Saturday, August 17, 2019
County Patrol Garage
331 County Road 29, Frankville
8:30 am – 2:00 pm
South Leeds County Patrol Garage
2714 Outlet Rd.
North of Lansdowne
8:30 am – 2:00 pm
Saturday, September 21, 2019
South Grenville County Patrol Garage
2320 County Road 21
East of Spencerville
8:30 am – 11:30 am
North Grenville County Patrol Garage
720 County Road 44
South of Kemptville
1:00 pm – 4:00 pm